This is a traditional homemade stuffing recipe made with just a few simple ingredients. Stuff your turkey for Thanksgiving or serve this as a tasty side dish any time of the year!
- 4 tbsp butter (Reserve 1 tbsp for preparing the baking dish)/
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups celery, chopped (about 4-5 ribs)
- 2 cups yellow onion, chopped (1 large)
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 10 cups dried bread cubes
- 2 tsp dried poultry seasoning
- 1 ½-2 cups Bonafide Turkey Bone Broth (or chicken broth)
- Prep time
- 15 minutes
- Cook time
- 40 minutes
- Melt 4 tablespoons of the butter and 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat in a large, high-sided skillet or Dutch oven.
- Add the chopped onion and celery and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 6-7 minutes.
- Season with the kosher salt and black pepper and remove from the heat.
- Add the dried bread cubes to a large mixing bowl with the sautéed onion and celery. Sprinkle with the dried poultry seasoning and drizzle with the chicken broth. Gently toss the ingredients until mixed.
- To bake outside the bird, prepare a baking dish with the 1 tablespoon reserved butter and spoon the stuffing in the dish.
- Drizzle with an additional 1/4 cup of chicken broth and dot with and additional 2 tablespoons of butter to keep moist, cover with foil and bake at 400°F for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy! (Serves 8-10)