Get 2lbs of FREE Mishima Reserve Wagyu! Claim this offer
Ground Beef Korean Bibimbap
Try this delicious take on a Korean Bibimbap. This dish is sure to impress with its vibrant colors and flavors.
- 3 tbsp Gochujang
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tbsp water
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- ½ tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- ½ tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp green onion, chopped
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1-2 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup red and yellow bell peppers, julienned
- ½ cup red radish, sliced
- 2 cups shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2-3 tbsp green onion, chopped
- 2-3 tsp cilantro, chopped
- 4 tbsp Kimchi
- 4 eggs
- Salt, to taste
- 1 ½ cups white or brown rice
- 3 cups cold water
- pinch of salt
- Prep time
- 30 minutes
- Cook time
- 60 minutes
- For the meat marinade, mix the soy sauce, sesame oil, minced garlic, and brown sugar in a small bowl. In a larger bowl, combine the marinade mixture and ground beef. Allow the ground beef to marinate for 30-60 minutes. Once the ground beef is marinated, add to a medium saucepan and sauté until brown.
- While the ground beef is marinating, prepare the vegetables. Cut carrots and bell peppers julienne. Slice the cucumber, shiitake mushrooms, and red radishes. Loosely chop the green onion diagonally. Strip stems off of the spinach. Portion out Kimchi for bowls. Keep veggies refrigerated while waiting to cook and blanch.
- Once the vegetables have been prepared for the dish wash off the white or brown rice in a bowl, then strain and add to cooking pot or rice cooker. Then pour the 3 cups of cold water and pinch of salt into the pot or rice cooker. Cover the rice and cook on low to medium heat until rice is tender and fluffy. The rice can sit covered while the rest of the dish is prepared.
- In a small bowl, mix the green onion pieces, minced garlic, sesame oil, and salt to make the vegetable seasoning ingredients.
- In a medium pot, boil water with a pinch of salt. Once boiled, throw the spinach, cucumber, and bean sprouts in for 2-3 minutes. Then transfer the vegetables to an ice bath and allow to cool. (Blanch the vegetables separate)
- Add the spinach, cucumber, and bean sprouts to the vegetable seasoning. Set aside for plating.
- In a medium pan, sauté carrots, bell peppers, red radishes, and shiitake mushrooms. Salt to taste.
- To make the Gochujang sauce, mix the Gochujang, sesame oil, brown sugar, minced garlic, and water in a small bowl.
- Pan fry an egg over medium heat per serving.
- Serve mixed together in a bowl or sectioned into quadrants over the rice. Spoon the Gochujang sauce over. Sprinkle cilantro and green onion for garnish. Salt to taste.
Shop related cuts