Ground Beef Soft Tacos
Taco Tuesday or not, you can never go wrong with tacos! This is the perfect recipe for classic soft tacos that everyone will enjoy.
- 1 lb Truly Simple Ground Beef
- ½ Red onion, diced
- 2 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh Lettuce
- Cotija Cheese
- 2 tbsp Taco seasoning (your favorite)
- 4-6 Tortillas (corn or flour), warmed
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- Prep time
- 2 minutes
- Cook time
- 10 minutes
- Heat large nonstick skillet over high heat.
- Add 1 tbsp. of oil. When hot, add beef and sauté, breaking up the meat for 3-4 minutes, or until cooked through (no pink).
- Using slotted spoon, drain excess liquid from pan.
- Heat a clean large nonstick skillet to medium heat. Add 1 tbsp oil.
- When hot, add garlic, and let cook until fragrant.
- Stir in Truly Simple ground beef, 2/3 cup of water and 2 tbsp of your favorite taco seasoning.
- Mix together and cook off liquid until mixture is thick or until sauce clings to beef.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide filling among tortillas. Top with lettuce, tomatoes, queso fresco, cilantro and red onions. Serve with limes.