Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Pasta Shells
These Philly cheesesteak stuffed pasta shells are fun mashup of two classic recipes. This meal is delicious and easy to prepare, making it an ideal family weeknight meal.
Recipe by @darth_traeger
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 sweet onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 2-3 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Meat rub of choice
- 1 block extra sharp cheddar cheese (1/2 cut in small cubes, 1/2 grated)
- 30 jumbo pasta shells cooked
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Prep time
- 10 minutes
- Cook time
- 40 minutes
- To start, pre-cook 30 jumbo pasta shells. Boil 4-6 quarts of water in a large pasta pot. Add noodles and a pinch of salt. Stir occasionally for about 8 minutes or until noodles are al dente.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet to medium-high heat. Brown meat, adding optional oil for better browning, and mix in your favorite meat rub for added flavor. Break beef into small pieces as it cooks and stir occasionally. After 7-10 minutes or once the meat is fully browned, remove from pan, add butter, and saute onions and bell peppers for 2-3 minutes.
- Place meat back in pan. Add ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, more meat rub to taste and half of the grated cheddar. Cook until cheese is melted.
- Arrange pasta shells in a ceramic casserole dish. Fill with ground beef mixture and top with half of the cubed cheddar.
- In the same skillet, add beef broth and cream. Whisk over medium heat and add remaining cheese a little at a time until sauce is thickened.
- Pour sauce around pasta shells and cook on grill or in oven at 350 for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly.
- Top with fresh parsley and enjoy!