Sheet Pan Flank Steak with Onions and Asparagus
Paleo and Whole 30 approved, this quick and simple recipe can be made in under 20 minutes!
Photo by @thebbqhead
- 1 1/2 pound flank steak
- 2/3 C olive oil
- 1/4 C red wine vinegar
- 1/3 C coconut aminos
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 onion
- 8 ounces asparagus spears
- Prep time
- 5 minutes
- Cook time
- 15 minutes
- Make marinade and combine olive oil, red wine vinegar, coconut aminos, salt, dried oregano, onion powder and garlic. Place the flank steak in a large sealable bag with the marinade and refrigerate all day or overnight.
- Adjust an oven rack to the top slot, roughly 6 inches from the ceiling of the oven, then turn oven to broil.
- Place the baking sheet into the oven and let it heat for 5 minutes as the oven gets hot.
- Thinly slice the onion and combine it with asparagus in a large bowl. Spray or drizzle with oil and season with salt.
- After the sheet pan is hot, remove from the oven and place the flank steak in the center, and arrange the asparagus and onion in an even layer around the perimeter.
- Place the sheet pan back into the oven and cook for 6 minutes for medium-rare steak, or 7-8 minutes for well done.
- Remove the sheet pan from the oven, and transfer the steak to a plate or cutting board. Let sit for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.