Slow-Cooker Keto Chicken Pot Pie Soup
Chicken pot pie soup is perfect for a cold fall evening. Throw the ingredients in the crockpot in the morning, continue your day and have this warm comfort food ready for dinner!
Recipe and photo by Bonafide Provisions
- 1 lb Organic chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp ghee or coconut oil
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup organic green beans
- 2 organic carrots, peeled and sliced into rounds
- 1 organic parsnip, peeled and sliced into chunks
- 2 organic ribs of celery, chopped
- ½ cup organic frozen green peas
- 3 cups Bonafide Provisions Organic Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- ¼ tsp Thyme
- ¼ tsp Rosemary
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup organic heavy cream or coconut cream
- Prep time
- 10 minutes
- Cook time
- 8 hours
- Add all ingredients except for heavy cream or coconut cream to the crock pot and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Once done, remove chicken thighs and shred or dice, and add back into the crockpot.
- Add in heavy cream or coconut cream and let it cook on high for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- If soup is too liquidy, add 1 tbsp of crushed Fat Snax crackers to help thicken it up. Simply take about 1 cup of liquid from crock pot in a small bowl, add in the crushed Fat Snax crackers, and stir until there are no clumps left. Add slurry back into crockpot and allow to cook until it reaches the desired thickness.
- Top with your favorite crackers and serve.