How to Grill Tri-Tip Steak
Tri-Tip is a barbecue staple and fan favorite! With a simple rub, quick sear on each side finished by grilling at indirect heat, you can prepare this cut to juicy, medium-rare perfection!
- Tri Tip
- Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Prep time
- 5 minutes
- Cook time
- 25 minutes
- To start, preheat grill to 350°F.
- Oil and season both sides of the Tri-Tip with salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Place meat at the center of the grill over direct heat.
- Cook for 5 minutes then flip and repeat.
- Move to indirect heat and cook for 20-30 minutes or when internal temperature reaches 150°F.
- Remove, slice and enjoy plain or drizzled with chimichurri sauce!