The Ultimate Olive Wagyu “Backstage Pass”
Get an exclusive look (and taste!) of the rarest and most sought-after steak on the planet: Olive Wagyu, from Shodoshima, Japan. Made possible by Crowd Cow, the company that brought Olive Wagyu to America, you and a guest will join their fluent-in-Japanese CEO/cofounder Joe Heitzeberg on a culinary journey across Japan, eating your way from Tokyo to Shodoshima Island (the birthplace of Olive Wagyu).
Get insider access, made possible by the relationships we've cultivated sourcing Olive Wagyu from Japan.
- From Osaka, transfer to Takamastsu, Japan and then by ferry to the remote Shodoshima Island, Japan to meet Masaki Ishii, the “inventor” of Olive Wagyu and tour his farm.
- Head to Ichigo Steakhouse, the only nose-to-tail Olive Wagyu restaurant in the world for a private Olive Wagyu grill over binchoutan charcoal and dine with head chef and owner Yukihiuro Mori.
- Visit one of Japan’s top Olive Oil producers to learn how the Olive Wagyu feed is made, and then enjoy a kaiseki lunch featuring local Shodoshima produce including olive oil, rice and locally produced soy sauce and vegetables.
- Back to Tokyo where you’ll dine at private, members-only restaurant run by “Wagyu Mafia.”
- Guided visit to Tsukiji’s outer market to shop for artisanal cutlery and to sample fresh sushi.
- Dinner at an off-the-beaten path, high-end Sushi restaurant favored by locals (and not overrun with tourists thanks to Netflix fame.)
- Free time in Tokyo or to add on your own side trip to Hakone to experience a traditional onsen hotel with kaiseki dinner.
- Air travel to/from Tokyo, Japan not included.
- Price: $30,000
- To find out more about the Ultimate Olive Wagyu Experience please email OliveWagyuExperience@crowdcow.com