3-Ingredient Pulled Pork
A southern favorite, low-and-slow pulled pork is crazy easy to make, especially when you start with our Pork Shoulder or Pork Butt. So flavorful and tender, you can keep the recipe uber simple and still guarantee outstanding results. Photo by @jaymeesire
- 1 (3 - 4 lb) Pork Shoulder or Pork Butt
- 1 (12 oz) can craft root beer
- 1 (16 oz) bottle barbecue sauce
- Prep time
- 10 minutes
- Cook time
- 7 hours
- Place roast in a slow cooker (fat side up) and pour root beer over it. Cook on low for approximately 6-8 hours.
- Remove from the slow cooker and place on a cookie sheet in an oven preheated to 400 until it browns and creates an exterior “bark” or crust on the outside.
- Remove from oven, shred with two forks, right onto the cookie sheet.
- Dress with barbecue sauce, as much as you like, and serve more on the side.
- Serve with your favorite rolls and slaw.