Classic Surf & Turf with Sautéed Spinach
Pop open a bottle of wine and enjoy the classic combo of a tender, hearty steak and rich, buttery, ocean-brined lobster. Enjoy it alongside garlicky sauteed spinach for a luxurious meal — no restaurant reservations required.
Photo and recipe by Crowd Cow Steak Holder Black O.
Surf & Turf
Filet Mignon (Tenderloin)
Salt & pepper
1/2 c butter
1/2 Tbsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
Red pepper flakes
- Season filet with salt and pepper.
- Smoke filet until internal temperature reaches 120°F (about 90 minutes at 180°F).
- While filet is smoking, prepare garlic butter compound. Melt butter in saucepan over medium high heat, add garlic and stir until starting to brown, about 3 minutes. Mix in lemon juice and let steep over low heat for about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- After smoking filet, finish it over a blazing hot charcoal grill, about 1 minute a side. Let rest.
- On same charcoal grill over indirect heat, roast the lobster tails brushed with garlic lemon pepper butter until an internal temperature of 140°F.
- Prepare sauteed spinach. In large pot or Dutch oven, heat olive oil and butter and saute garlic over medium heat for about 1 minute. Add in spinach and red pepper flakes, toss with oil/garlic mixture, cover pot and cook for 2 minutes until wilted. Salt to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!