Get 2lbs of FREE Mishima Reserve Wagyu! Claim this offer
Beef Stew with Dried Cherries
- 2 1/2 pounds Stew Beef Portions
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 cups onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup dried sour cherries, pitted
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 cup Bonafide Provisions Organic Beef Bone Broth
- 1/2 pound mushrooms quartered
- Prep time
- 5 minutes
- Cook time
- 3 hours
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut beef into 1-inch cubes. Combine flour, salt, allspice, cinnamon and pepper in a plastic bag. Add beef to bag and shake, coating pieces evenly.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1/3 of the beef and cook until browned on all sides, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer meat to a heavy medium Dutch oven. Repeat with remaining meat in 2 batches, adding 1 tablespoon oil to skillet for each batch. Transfer meat to Dutch oven as it browns.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add remaining tablespoon of oil to same skillet. Add onions and cherries. Cook until onions are soft and light brown, about 10 minutes. Stir frequently, scraping up all browned bits from meat and incorporating into onions.
- Mix in sugar, vinegar and water. Increase heat to medium-high and cook until onions brown, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes.
- Add onion mixture to beef in Dutch oven. Mix in wine, stock and mushrooms. Cover and bake until beef is tender, about 2 hours.
- Uncover stew during last 30 minutes of baking if liquid is too thin. Add a small amount of beef stock or red wine if stew is too dry.
- Serve and enjoy!