Cold Cracked Lobster Ceviche
Try eating Cold Cracked Lobster without cooking it! By marinating your meat in a mixture of lime juice, coconut milk, ginger and herbs the lobster meat gets "cooked" by the acidity of the lime juice. This recipe is extremely simple, but to allow for full marinade time, be sure to prep early! This traditional Peruvian ceviche is a great appetizer for a hot summer day.
Recipe by Ready Seafood
- 1lb Cold Cracked Lobster - thawed and drained
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp simple syrup (1 tbsp sugar dissolved in 1 tbsp water)
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1 medium jalapeno - minced
- 1/4 medium red onion - shaved
- 3 sprigs cilantro - picked and roughly chopped
- 2 sprigs basil - preferably Thai - picked and roughly chopped
- Salt to taste
- Prep time
- 10 minutes
- Cook time
- 2 hours
- Cut your drained lobster into smaller bite-size pieces — claws should be quartered and knuckles should be cut in half. Place in a non-reactive metal or glass bowl.
- Combine the lime juice, fish sauce, simple syrup and coconut milk and pour over the lobster meat.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Season to taste with salt.
- Cover the mixture and let marinate in refrigerator for a minimum of two hours or up to overnight.
- Serve chilled. We recommend enjoying this with something crunchy for dipping such as a tortilla chip, chicharon or rice cracker.