Mediterranean Steak Salad
Pair this light Greek-style dressing with sliced steak to enjoy a quick and refreshing meal at home.
- 1 New York Strip Steak
- 2 large handfuls of assorted leafy greens (e.g. lettuce, spinach, endive)
- 8 cherry tomatoes, split in half
- 8 kalamata olives, split in half
- 1/2 red onion, separated into rings
- 1/2 feta cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp fresh oregano
- Pita bread (optional)
- Prep time
- 5 minutes
- Cook time
- 15 minutes
- Preheat your broiler. Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of the steak. Put the steak on a broiler pan and place about one-inch below broiler. Let cook 3-4 minutes. Flip and let cook for another 3-4 minutes. Remove from broiler and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice thinly.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, and oregano. Add the lettuce, tomatoes, olives, onions and feta cheese, and toss with the dressing.
- Place the tossed salad into a serving bowl. Top with sliced steak. Serve with a side of pita bread, if desired.