Pretzel Mustard Chicken
Enjoy the flavors of fall and bring the flavors of Germany to your kitchen with this quick & easy dish! The mustard acts as a binder for the crispy pretzel topping, and would pair well with a dark lager or brown ale.
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 1/4 pound pretzel sticks
- 3 tbsp dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp apple cider or brown ale
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh thyme (optional extra for garnish)
- Prep time
- 15 minutes
- Cook time
- 25 minutes
- Crush pretzel sticks by hand in a plastic bag or in a food processer until they are the texture of breadcrumbs.
- Place pretzel crumbs in a wide shallow bowl and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk mustard, beer or cider, honey and thyme. Set aside.
- Cover a wire rack in cooking spray and place on a sheet tray.
- Dip each chicken breast in mustard mixture and then coat in pretzel crumbs evenly.
- Spray each piece with cooking spray and place on wire tray / pan. Then place this in the grill or oven at 375°F for 20-25 minutes, until chicken breasts reach an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Remove, let rest and serve garnished with fresh thyme.