Super Colossal Air-Fried Coconut Shrimp
Air-fryers are a win for an easy, healthy take on fried food! The combination of coconut and panko make for shrimp with a perfectly crispy coating. Serve fresh from the fryer and dip in your favorite sauce to enjoy this ideal mix of sweet and spicy flavors.
- 1 pound U-12 Super Colossal Shrimp
- ½ Cup Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Coconut Flake
- ⅔ Cup Panko
- 2 Eggs
- Cooking Spray
- Sweet & Sour Chili Sauce (Or your favorite Sauce)
- Prep time
- 10 minutes
- Cook time
- 8 minutes
- Mix flour and seasonings together in a bowl.
- In a second bowl mix together the coconut flake and panko.
- In a third small bowl, beat the two eggs.
- Remove the shell off the easy peel U-12 shrimp, make sure to leave the tail attached. Lightly rinse off the shrimp with cold water.
- Grab each shrimp by the tail and dredge in the flour, shake off the excess flour. Take the dredged shrimp and dip in the beaten eggs. Take the shrimp and dredge in the coconut & panko, making sure to press on the mixture.
- Without stacking the shrimp on top of each other, place into the air fryer (This will likely cook in two batches). Spray with cooking spray on both sides.
- Set air fryer to 400℉ and cook for 8 minutes. Flip at 4 minutes. Repeat with the rest of the dredged shrimp.
- Remove and serve with Sweet & Sour Sauce (or your favorite sauce).