How to BBQ Thick-Cut Steaks
Take any thick-cut steak or chop to the next level by doing a reverse sear using your smoker and finishing with a hot and fast sear on your grill.
- Thick cut steak or chop
- Simple rub or your favorite marinade
- Prep time
- 5 minutes
- Cook time
- 2 hours and 30 minutes
- Coat meat in a simple rub, salt and pepper or your favorite marinade.
- Smoke steak at 165°F.
- Remove from grill when meat hits an internal temperature of 110°F
- Remove from smoker and sear at high heat on the grill or on a hot cast-iron skillet with butter to lock in the juicy flavor of the meat.
- Cook until steak hits an internal temperature of 130°F
- Remove, slice and enjoy.