How to Cook Corned Beef
Corned Beef is best when slow-cooked, and is traditionally boiled to help tenderize the meat and draw out some of the excess salt used in the brining. Complete this classic St. Patrick's day meal with cabbage, carrots and potatoes flavored with the peppercorn spices of the beef.
If you like Corned Beef Brisket, you'll love the convenience and savings of our Farmers Market Share!
- Corned Beef
- Onion, celery, potatoes, carrots and cabbage (optional)
- Place the brined corned beef in a large pot or Dutch oven along with the liquid and spices from the package.
- Cover beef with water, then bring to a boil on the stovetop. If desired, add quartered onion and a few stalks of celery.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer, and cover the pot.
- Cook about 2 to 3 hours until fork-tender. Check the meat occasionally, adding more water if necessary. If desired, add chunks of cabbage or cubed potatoes and carrots in the last half hour of cooking.