Psst! This super-easy, butter-centric recipe also works great for New Yorks.
Servings : 2 Prep Time: 5 minutes Total Time: About 15 minutes
- 2 Crowd Cow ribeye steaks
- 1 tablespoon canola or other heat-tolerant oil
- 3 tablespoons European-style butter (for added richness)
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Thaw steaks completely, then pat steaks dry. Salt and pepper both steaks liberally.
- In a cast-iron skillet, heat the oil over high until shimmering.
- Add steaks carefully and cook, flipping once in a while, approximately four minutes.
- Add the European-style butter and let steaks continue cooking. Continue to flip as needed and baste butter over the steaks, reducing heat as needed if the butter gets too smoky (it’s not quite as heat-tolerant, but it pays off in flavor). You’re shooting for approximately 8-10 minutes total for steaks cooked to medium.
- Transfer steak to a plate, pour the pan juice all over it! Yum! Let rest (if you can stand it), then go to town.