Get 2lbs of FREE Mishima Reserve Wagyu! Claim this offer
Bison Burger with Caramelized Onions
Lean, protein-packed and rich with flavor, Bison is a great alternative to ground beef and delicious in its own right. Enjoy your next burger night with a perfectly juicy, tender patty complete with sweet caramelized onions on top!
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp butter
- Pinch of salt
- 1 lb Ground Bison
- 1/2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 slices white cheddar cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- Lettuce, tomato and condiments for serving
- Heat 2 tablespoons of butter in pan over medium heat. Add onions and season with salt, stirring frequently until caramelized, about 20 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Combine Worcestershire sauce, seasonings, and Ground bison in a bowl and mix together with hands. Form into 3-4 patties.
- In same skillet, you cooked onions in, heat additional tablespoon of butter in a pan over medium-high heat. Season patties with salt and pepper, then add to pan and cook about 2-3 minutes per side for medium-rare. Add cheese to patties in last minute to melt.
- Remove from heat and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve patties on a toasted bun with caramelized onions and the toppings of your choosing.