Get 2lbs of FREE Mishima Reserve Wagyu! Claim this offer
Carne Asada with Chimichurri Sauce
Light and fresh chimichurri sauce is drizzled over skirt steak for this easy yet delicious meal.
- 1 cup packed fresh Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup packed fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb skirt steak
- Vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
- Prep time
- 15 minutes
- Cook time
- 15 minutes
- To make the chimichurri sauce, place all of the sauce ingredients into a food processor. Pulse until smooth. Remove from the food processor and place in a bowl. Refrigerate until ready to use. If ingredients separate during refrigeration, mix together before serving.
- Liberally sprinkle the skirt steak with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Pre-heat a heavy-bottomed pan to medium-high heat. Add a drizzle of vegetable oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Cook the steak for 3-4 minutes on one side. Flip and cook for an additional 4 minutes for medium-rare.
- Remove the steak from the pan and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice thinly against the grain. Drizzle half of the sauce over the steak. Reserve the other half for individuals to add as they like.