Classic Bolognese Sauce
This simple, delicious pasta sauce is enhanced by using premium, dry-aged ground beef.
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 cans (28 oz) of crushed tomatoes
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 tbsp of dried basil
- 2 tbsp of black pepper
- 1 tsp of sugar
- Prep time
- 15 minutes
- Cook time
- 1 hour
- Put the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the garlic and onion, and saute until onion becomes translucent. About 5 minutes. Add the ground beef and let it cook until fully browned, about 5 minutes. Make sure to break up the ground beef while browning so that it cooks evenly.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, pepper, basil and sugar. Stir and bring to a boil.
- Cover the pot. Set the burner to low heat and let simmer for about 60 minutes. Sauce will turn a deep red color.
- Serve over your favorite pasta.
Shop related cuts
Organic, 100% Grass Fed