Connecticut Style Lobster Roll
Connecticut style lobster rolls are also known as warm butter lobster rolls! They are sure to live up to this nickname as they will melt in your mouth with a delicious lemon, garlic and buttery flavor.
- 4 cooked lobster tails
- 8 tbsp (1 stick) unsalted butter
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp sliced scallions
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- Pinch of salt
- 4 split rolls or hot dog buns
- Prep time
- 15 minutes
- Cook time
- 7 minutes
- Pre-cook lobsters. To do so, thaw lobster tails and prepare using your method of choice — sauteing, boiling, steaming, raising, broiling or grilling! For this recipe, we prefer to steam the lobster, slightly undercooking it so it can continue to cook in the butter mixture.
- In a medium skillet, melt 6 tbsp butter. Add garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice and salt. Mix well and keep warm on low heat.
- Melt remaining butter in a cast iron skillet. Grill sides of buns until golden brown. Remove and set aside on serving plates.
- Remove meat from lobsters and chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Transfer meat to butter mixture. Toss to ensure all is coated in butter and lemon zest.
- Divide lobster between rolls and drizzle excess butter mixture on top. Sprinkle with scallions for garnish.
- Serve immediately while warm and enjoy!