Lobster bisque is flavorful and decdent, each bite containing the perfect combination of smooth creamy soup and meaty lobster pieces. Warm, spicy and rich, this is a great comfort food to enjoy during any season.
- 1lb Cold Cracked Lobster - thawed and drained, chopped
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 medium yellow or white onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 4 cup seafood or fish stock
- 1 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/2 c heavy cream
- Chives or favorite herb, finely chopped for garnish
- Prep time
- 10 minutes
- Cook time
- 50 minutes
- Over medium heat, heat butter in a large pot. Add onion, carrots and celery. Cook for 7 minutes or until soft.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and stir in garlic and tomato paste. Cook for 2 minutes or until tomato paste covers the vegetables and garlic is fragrant.
- Sprinkle flour on top and cook for 1 minute.
- Add seafood stock and wine. Stir in with bay leaf and thyme.
- Reduce heat and let mixture simmer until liquid is reduced and flavors combine. Stir occasionally and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf and thyme then puree with an immersion hand blender until smooth.
- Bring heat back to medium-low. Stir in heavy cream and lobster meat. Cook for 5 minutes or until warm.
- Garnish with chives or herb of choice and serve immediately.