Get 2lbs of FREE Mishima Reserve Wagyu! Claim this offer
Lobster bisque is flavorful and decdent, each bite containing the perfect combination of smooth creamy soup and meaty lobster pieces. Warm, spicy and rich, this is a great comfort food to enjoy during any season.
- 1lb Cold Cracked Lobster - thawed and drained, chopped
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 medium yellow or white onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 4 cup seafood or fish stock
- 1 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/2 c heavy cream
- Chives or favorite herb, finely chopped for garnish
- Prep time
- 10 minutes
- Cook time
- 50 minutes
- Over medium heat, heat butter in a large pot. Add onion, carrots and celery. Cook for 7 minutes or until soft.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and stir in garlic and tomato paste. Cook for 2 minutes or until tomato paste covers the vegetables and garlic is fragrant.
- Sprinkle flour on top and cook for 1 minute.
- Add seafood stock and wine. Stir in with bay leaf and thyme.
- Reduce heat and let mixture simmer until liquid is reduced and flavors combine. Stir occasionally and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf and thyme then puree with an immersion hand blender until smooth.
- Bring heat back to medium-low. Stir in heavy cream and lobster meat. Cook for 5 minutes or until warm.
- Garnish with chives or herb of choice and serve immediately.