Sausage, Bacon, Egg & Cheese Smoked Breakfast Casserole
There's nothing better than a hot breakfast casserole at home. This dish can easily be prepared a day or two ahead of time, too! Smoke it on the grill to add an extra level of flavor, or bake in the oven.
Photo and recipe by @keto_sheena
- 1 lb ground pork
- 8 slices of bacon, chopped
- Red onion, chopped (as little or as much as you prefer)
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 12 eggs
- Salt & pepper
- Toppings (cheese, sour cream, crushed red pepper, or spices of your choosing)
- Prep time
- 5 minutes
- Cook time
- 40 minutes
- Preheat grill to 400°F
- Brown pork in skillet, add onions & green peppers and cook until tender. Drain grease and add pork, onion and green pepper mix to an aluminum baking pan.
- Wipe out skillet with a paper towel and cook chopped bacon. Drain grease and add the bacon to the same aluminum baking pan, mixing ingredients together. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whip eggs & heavy whipping cream. Stir in cheese and add salt & pepper to taste.
- Pour egg mixture over the sausage & bacon mixture. Place on grill over indirect heat for about 40-45 minutes until the center is set. Rotate halfway through.
- Top with sour cream, additional cheese, crushed red peppers or toppings of your choosing.