- Preheat oven to 325℉
- Defrost for 2 or 3 minutes by putting the steaks (still in their vacuum-seal wrap) in a pot of cool water. This will ensure the salt and pepper stick more easily. Conversely, if you’d like to thaw your steaks on the counter, it normally takes about 5 or 10 minutes for the surface to soften up enough for seasoning.
- Heat up a skillet filled 1/8 inch deep with oil.
- Sear until the steak is browned on all sides (90 seconds per side).
- Transfer to wire rack set into a rimmed baking sheet.
- Cook in the preheated oven until desired doneness (18 to 20 minutes for a 1-inch-thick steak).