How to BBQ Tri-Tip Roast
Tr-Tip is a perfectly tender cut that does well with any simple rub or even your favorite marinade. Throw this roast in your smoker for a few hours to impart a delicous smoke flavor and then remove to do a hot and fast sear.
- Tri-Tip Roast
- Your favorite marinade or simple rub
- Prep time
- 5 minutes
- Cook time
- 2 hours and 30 minutes
- Trim excess fat leaving a thin layer to soak up some smoke and leave a protective barrier.
- Coat meat in a simple rub, salt and pepper or your favorite marinade.
- Smoke at 200-250°F.
- Remove from grill when meat hits an internal temperature of 115-120°F.
- Remove from smoker and sear at high heat on the grill or on a hot cast-iron skillet with butter to lock in the juicy flavor of the meat.
- Cook until Tri-Tip hits an internal temperature of 135°F.
- Remove, slice and enjoy.