How to Cook Chuck Roast
- 1-3lb Chuck Roast
- 1 cup roughly chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 3 bulbs of garlic, smashed
- Red wine
- 2-3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Prep time
- 15 minutes
- Cook time
- 3 hours
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F.
- Prepare your roast by generously rubbing it with oil then season it with salt and pepper. Optional: season with your favorite rub.
- Dice carrots, celery, onion, tomato and garlic.
- Heat oil in a dutch oven over high heat.
- Sear each side of your roast, creating a nice dark crust.
- Remove from pan.
- Using the same pan, cook down all of the vegetables. Add salt & pepper.
- Add red wine until the pan is about 1/4 full.
- Add balsamic vinegar and chicken stock.
- Stir everything together and then nestle your browned roast into the veggie mix.
- Cover with lid and remove from the stove. Place in the preheated oven.
- Cook for 3 hours (for 3lb roast) — when you can pull the meat apart very easily, it's done!
- Remove from the oven and let rest for at least 15 minutes.
- Shred meat and enjoy!