Poor Man's Burnt Ends
Easy on the wallet but rich in flavor, “Poor Man’s Burnt Ends” are made from a chuck roast instead of the brisket. In half the cooking time, you’ll have tender, juicy, bite-sized pieces of perfection.
- Chuck roast
- Espresso Rub (@chadwicks__kitchen used rub from Four 41 South)
- Duck Fat Spray
- 1 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Rub Chuck Roast with duck fat spray and espresso seasoning.
- Using pecan wood, smoke at 250°F over indirect heat until 190°F, spritzing with sweet tea every hour after the first two hours.
- Remove from heat and let rest.
- Slice into 1-inch cubes and add to aluminum foil pan. Evenly drizzle with BBQ sauce and honey, sprinkle with brown sugar, and top with pads of butter.
- Braise, uncovered, on smoker until tender (roughly 203°F degrees or more internal temp).
- Finish with additional sauce and enjoy.