Get 2lbs of FREE Mishima Reserve Wagyu! Claim this offer
Steak and Egg Pesto Quinoa Bowl
Try this delicious, protein-packed meal with flavors of the rainbow for breakfast, lunch or dinner... you name it, you won't regret it!
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 jalapeño, diced (leave seeds in for a spicier sauce)
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 1lb skirt steak
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Dash of hot sauce
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- Pickled onions (optional topping)
- Prep time
- 1 hour
- Cook time
- 35 minutes
- Blend avocado sauce ingredients (avocado, Greek yogurt, olive oil, jalapeño, lemon, salt, vinegar, honey and cilantro) together and let meld until ready to serve.
- Place skirt steak in large plastic bag and add red wine, soy sauce, garlic and hot sauce, let marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, add olive oil to a medium saucepan over medium heat. Sauté shallots until translucent and fragrant.
- Remove Skirt Steak from fridge for last 20 minutes of marinating.
- Add stock to saucepan with shallots and bring to a boil. Add quinoa, cover and reduce to medium low heat for 6 minutes. Add peas and cover for 6 additional minutes or until quinoa is fully cooked and peas are tender. Off heat, add pesto and stir. Cover and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Pat steak dry and season with salt and pepper on both sides. Heat cast iron skillet to medium high heat and add steak (I cut pieces in half and cook in batches) let cook for 4 minutes on one side and then flip, cook for 3 more minutes. Remove to a cutting board and cover with foil, allow to rest for a minimum of 10 minutes.
- Reduce boiling water to low, until there are only small bubbles at the bottom of the pan, add vinegar. Crack each egg into an individual bowl and gently slide them into the hot water. Turn off the heat immediately and cover. Let sit for 4 minutes, then remove to a plate.
- Assemble bowls. Spoon quinoa mixture into large shallow bowls and add poached egg and sliced steak. Top with pickled onions and spoon avocado sauce over the steak.