Pan-Seared Coulotte Steak with Herbed Butter Sauce
Garlicky herb butter is a perfect topping for lean and rare coulotte steak.
- 2 Coulotte Steaks
- Salt and pepper
- 5 sprigs thyme, leaves removed and chopped finely
- 2 sprigs rosemary, leaves removed and chopped finely
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 tbsp butter
- Cooking oil
- Prep time
- 5 minutes
- Cook time
- 20 minutes
- Heat a cast iron pan to medium-high heat. Add oil to pan and let heat.
- Season steaks with salt and pepper on both side and add to the pan. Cook on each side for 4-6 minutes, or until doneness is reached. Remove steaks from pan and reserve.
- In the same pan, reduce the heat to medium. Add the butter and let melt. Add the garlic and herbs until garlic begins to brown. Add steaks back to the pan and baste with her butter sauce.
- Place each steak on a plate and drizzle with herb butter. Serve with mashed potatoes, brussel sprouts or other sides.