Grilled Chops with Spinach & Pea Salad
Lamb chops take just minutes to grill and marinating them overnight infuses the chops with flavor.
- Ingredients for Lamb
- 8 New Zealand Spring Lamb Chops (about 1.15 kg)
- 225 g | 8 oz Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1-piece fresh ginger root, peeled and grated (about 3-inches)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Coarse salt, to taste
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon oil, to brush grill grate
- Ingredients for Spinach and Pea Salad
- 550 g | 19 oz fresh baby spinach leaves
- 225 g | 8 oz frozen baby green peas, thawed
- 75 ml | 2 1/2 fl oz good-quality olive oil
- 55 ml | 2 fl oz lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Prep time
- 50 minutes
- Cook time
- 10 minutes
- For Lamb Chops
- Rinse the lamb chops under cold running water and pat dry with paper towels. Using the tip of a sharp knife, make a few slits in each lamb chop.
- In a large nonreactive bowl, whisk the yogurt, lemon juice, ginger, garlic, honey, garam masala, paprika, cumin, nutmeg and salt together until blended. Place the lamb chops in the marinade, turning to completely coat the lamb, Top with thyme sprigs, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Prepare grill for direct grilling. Preheat to medium-high heat. While grill is heating, remove lamb from refrigerator and let stand at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Brush grill grate with oil. Season lamb with salt and pepper to taste. Grill to desired doneness, 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Transfer the lamb to individual plates or a serving platter. Serve with salad.
- For Spinach and Pea Salad
- Combine spinach, greens, and peas in salad bowl. In small bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, thyme, salt and pepper and whisk to blend. Just before serving, pour dressing over salad and toss gently to coat.