Honey Baked Chicken Drumsticks
A sweet, oven-baked take on the backyard bbq favorite.
- 2 pounds chicken drumsticks
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or Canola oil
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt blend
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Pat the thawed chicken drumsticks dry a paper towel. Toss them in a large food storage bag with the flour and your seasoning mix.
- Melt butter with olive oil and pour it into a shallow baking dish.
- Arrange the chicken drumsticks in a single layer, in the baking dish. Turn to coat them thoroughly with the butter & oil mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the honey with brown sugar, lemon juice, and soy sauce. Stir and bring to a simmer.
- Remove from heat and pour honey mixture over the drumsticks. Return them to the oven and bake for an additional 30 to 40 minutes. Turn the chicken pieces every 10 to 15 minutes for best results.