Grilled Steelhead Trout Carbonara
Fire up your grill and try this seafood take on your typical carbonara! This restaurant status dish is packed with flavor and is ready to eat in just 30 minutes.
- (5) 4 oz Riverence Trout Fillets, skinned and sliced into 2 oz pieces
- 2 oz olive oil
- 12 oz pancetta, cut into ¼ inch slices
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 oz dry white wine
- 2 lb fettuccine noodles
- 4 whole eggs, beaten lightly
- 6 oz Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tsp black pepper, freshly cracked
- 2 bunches of parsley, freshly chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- Prep time
- 15 minutes
- Cook time
- 15 minutes
- Stabilize your grill at 350°F and set up for a direct cook.
- While the grill is coming to temperature, boil the Fettuccini and strain.
- Preheat pan (we used a Le Creuset paella pan), drizzle oil in and add the pancetta. Render until most of the fat has rendered and the pancetta begins to crisp (5 min).
- Add Riverence trout pieces and gently incorporate into the pork fat.
- Add garlic and cook for another minute, be careful not to get any color.
- Deglaze with white wine.
- Reduce by ½ and add the pasta. Fully incorporate everything in the pan by tossing with tongs.
- Add the whipped eggs, cheese, pepper and parsley. Quickly incorporate and take off the heat. (You do not want scrambled eggs but rather a slightly nape viscosity that has a creamy appearance and coats.)
- Taste for seasoning and adjust if needed.
- Serve as soon as possible.