Sous Vide Round Steak
Prepare the perfect steak with a little seasoning, a vacuum seal and a sous vide cooker.
- 1 5.5-ounce top or bottom round steak
- 1 sprig lemon thyme
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 tbsp butter
- Prep time
- 10 minutes
- Cook time
- 24 hours
- Season the steak liberally with salt. Place the steak, garlic and lemon thyme in a vacuum-sealed container.
- Cook in a 140-degree Fahrenheit (60-degree Celsius) water bath for medium-rare and for 24 hours to make this otherwise-tough cut as tender as any steak you’ll ever have.
- Remove the steak from the vacuum-sealed container, and discard the sprig and garlic. In a heavy-bottomed pan, set to medium-high heat and pan sear the steak so each side is nicely browned. Place the butter in the pan and let melt. Cook another 30 seconds.
- Allow the steak to rest for 3 minutes. Sprinkle with pepper and serve.