Pan Seared Citrus Salmon
Meditteranean diet approved, this orange marinated salmon pairs perfectly with arugula, dressed lightly with a fresh squeeze of lemon and a drizzle olive oil.
- 2 5-6 oz salmon filets
- ½ C fresh squeezed orange juice
- Sprig of fresh thyme, removed from stem and bruised
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil (for cooking)
Herb Compound Butter
- 3 Tbsp butter, softened
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp fresh orange zest
- 1 tsp thyme leaves
- 1 tsp chopped rosemary
- 1 Tbsp chopped italian parsley
- 1 tsp orange juice
- 2 C washed and dried arugula
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice
- Salt and Pepper
- Mix together orange juice, thyme and sea salt in a shallow dish until salt is dissolved. Place salmon into the marinade and coat on each side. Arrange pieces skin side up in the dish, cover with plastic wrap, and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 mins. Do not marinate over 1 hour to keep fish from breaking down.
- Make Herb Butter by combining room temp butter, sea salt, orange zest, thyme, rosemary, parsley, and orange juice in a bowl. Mix well to form a spreadable paste. Cover and refrigerate.
- Remove salmon from marinade and pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle skin with salt to help pull out moisture.
- Pre-heat medium size skillet with avocado oil over medium heat.
- When pan is hot, place dried salmon skin-side down and cook for about 3.5 minutes, turn over and cook another 1.5 minutes until internal temp reaches 145 degrees. Remove from heat.
- Place arugula into medium size mixing bowl, drizzle olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste. Split dressed greens between two dinner plates.
- Place 1 salmon filet with the greens and finish with a 1 teaspoon of herbed butter.