Oil steaks, season with salt and pepper
Preheat grill to 400°F.
Place steaks center of grill, direct heat.
Cook steaks for 1.5 minutes then rotate
Cook for 1.5 more minutes then flip
Cook for 1.5 minutes then rotate
Total cook time 6 minutes or until reaches internal temp of 150°F.
How to Cook a New York Strip
1. Lightly oil and season both sides with salt and pepper
2. Heat oil in a cast-iron skillet over high heat
3. Cook for 4 minutes
4. Flip. Cook an additional 4 minutes (continue to flip every minute until internal temp is 135℉)
5. Let rest, covered, for 5 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 325℉
2. Defrost for 2 or 3 minutes by putting the steaks (still in their vacuum-seal wrap) in a pot of cool water. This will ensure the salt and pepper stick more easily. Conversely, if you’d like to thaw your steaks on the counter, it normally takes about 5 or 10 minutes for the s...
Ethan Stowell grills up some Crowd Cow A5 Wagyu steaks from Kagoshima. He also creates a special dish with the A3 Olive Wagyu. Try Crowd Cow Wagyu beef: https://www.crowdcow.com/wagyu
Ethan Stowell owns several restaurants in Seattle including Bramling Cross in Ballard where this was filmed. He sugg...
How to cook a New York strip steak, seared in a stainless steel pan and oven, with herbed garlic, thyme and butter dressing. More craft beef:
Crowd Cow connects people with the best meat in the world.
Get informed. Know the source. Eat better meat! https://www.crowdcow.com
Crowd Cow sources meat from the country's best independent, family-run farms to offer the best pasture-raised, hormone-free, antibiotic-free beef, pork and chicken anywhere. We tell you EXACTLY where your meat comes from.