Did you know you can cook burger patties directly from frozen?
1. Grab the patties right out of your freezer. Cut open the pack and use a sturdy grilling spatula to carefully split them apart.
Remove any paper separators.
2. Season the burgers lightly with salt and pepper. Note: thawing for a couple of minutes may make splitting easier and will help the salt and pepper stick.
3. Fire up the grill to high heat.
4. Place the seasoned, frozen patties on the grill and flip every 3 to 5 minutes. Keep an eye on things as they sizzle and cook. If you encounter flare-ups, shout “oh mama!!” and move the burgers to a separate area and wait a minute for things to settle back down.
5. Continue flipping patties and cooking for ~20 minutes.
6. Toast the buns — right now you may be thinking, “I’ll skip this part, it’s not worth the hassle.” Don't skip this part! It's worth it. Also, please melt some butter in the microwave and brush that on. It’s worth it.
7. Stack your burger with your favorite toppings: mayo, onion, lettuce, tomato, cheese, meat, pickles, mustard, ketchup, bacon? It’s up to you!
Hamburger patties are a classic dish, and with good reason. They're simple, satisfying and when sourced from sustainable producers who raise their cattle in the best possible manner, the result is a delicious, high quality patty with a flavor profile and mouthfeel that is sure to become a favorite for any burger lover.
Chef's Serving Suggestions
Ground beef can be the star of a dish or a supporting player, but no matter what, it's always delicious. A few of our favorite creative preparations, toppings and recipes for ground beef include:
-Fajitas: This classic Mexican dish is always a hit, and is easy to prepare with ground beef. Just sauté some onions and peppers, and then add the ground beef. Serve with tortillas, shredded cheese, sour cream, and salsa.
-Burgers: Who doesn't love a good burger? You can get creative with your burger toppings, or keep it simple with just cheese and bacon.
-Meatballs: Meatballs are a great way to use ground beef, and they can be prepared in so many different ways. Serve them with pasta and sauce, or make a meatball sandwich with some delicious toppings.
-Shepherd's Pie: This classic British dish is perfect for cold winter days. It's made with ground beef and potatoes, and is topped with cheese and a delicious brown gravy.